Google is the major search engine and SEO’s always look towards it for ranking & traffic. Whether it’s a small blogger or a big company, all follow Google’s rules & regulations to implement SEO and keep balance between SEO & their content. In order to understand how Google search works and how it’s algorithms are frequently updated, we need to understand it’s core mechanism first. Google came into being on 3 September in 1998 and since then it has updated it’s search process & systems more than 100 times. The latest system/algorithm is called “Hummingbird” which we are going to discuss throughout this article and we also have a detailed video tutorial for you in Urdu. Along with Hummingbird we’ll also discuss “Google Panda” and “Google Penguin” which are particularly designed to detect spamming on the web. Latent Semantic Search or LSI is also a part of today’s tutorial.
First, we’ll give you a little bit description for each part included in this tutorial, for example Panda, Penguin, LSI and Hummingbird, after that you can watch the video tutorial in Urdu/Hindi languages to understand it practically.
What’s is Google Panda?
Google Panda is a particular Google algorithm (released in February 2011) which detects websites/blogs that are involved in following activities listed below.
- Blogs which produce low quality content
- Blogs which publish copied or duplicate content
- Blogs overall involve in black hat spamming techniques
You must be aware of above points in order to be on a safe side from Google Panda. To avoid losing your search traffic you need to watch the video and also avoid using bad SEO tactics.
What’s Google Penguin?
Google Penguin is another specific algorithm designed for detecting spamming on the web, it was initially released in April 2012, however, many of it’s versions were released previously with the passage of time. It will affect websites involved in following activities:
- Unnatural link building + Paid Links
- Keyword Stuffing
- Excessive Keyword Density
If you want to be on safe side then avoid doing above practices. However, this algorithm or Panda are not directly related to basic Google search system i.e Crawling, Indexing and sorting web pages. These are just to detect the spam websites within the already indexed pages.
Hummingbird is actually the main replacement to the old overall search algorithm of Google. This was announced by Google in the last month of 2013. However, it’s now working and Google search system has gotten a new fast technology in shape of Hummingbird. What’s the difference between the old and this new search algorithm? here are some highlights:
- Hummingbird mainly has improved “Conversational search”
- It will work with “Google Knowledge Graph” in particular
- It will know the meaning of the words in a query, instead of the keyword itself
- It will work much more faster than all previous algorithms
- It will bring more than 30 medium of content i.e Image, web, weather, scores, ages, videos, news and so many others
- It will work with LSI (Latent Semantic Search) jointly
- It will also look closer into Social Media hints
The above are few examples that Hummingbird will take care of, however, there are many more facts I can’t tell you in the article. You need to now watch the video in Urdu to understand it more easily.